- Gives the heart a well deserved rest, as gravity helps to return venous blood to the heart.
- Regular practice helps to strengthen the respiratory system and the circulation, keeping them flexible and slowing down the rate of breathing and the heartbeat when at rest.
- The body is generally enhanced by the deep breathing ,and the brain ,spine, and entire nervous system receive a rich supply of nutrients.This refreshes and rejuvenates the entire body.
- Relieve varicose veins.
- Increases memory,concentration, and intellectual capacity.
- Enhance all the sensory faculties.
- 'He who practice the Headstand (Sirshasana) for three hours daily conquers time'- Yoga Tatwa Upanishad
- Sublimates sexual drive by transmutting seminal energy into Ojas- Shakti.
Various inverted asanas
Ardho Mukha Svanasana(Downward facing dog),Ardho Pincha Mayurasana( The Dolphin pose), Half-shoulder stand (Ardho Sarvangasana), Full shoulder stand (Sarvangasana),Halasana(The Plough), Headstand(Sirshasana),Ardho Mukha Vrksasana( Handstand).